My controller is finished.
Update: created a little demo video.
Here some Pictures (sorry for the bad quality, just having a mobilephone camera, will borrow a good camera and take new pictures):
the libaries on github (for MIDI, 4051, MCP23017 and rotary encoders)
electronical component list:
- 49x push-buttons
- 16x turn potentiometer
- 6x slide potentiometer
- 2x rotary encoders for jogwheels
- 1x rotary encoder with push-button for navigation
- 5x MCP23017 port expander (1 unused yet) for input of push-buttons and encoder
- 3x 74HC4051 multiplexer for potentiometer
- 1x stripboard for soldering port expander and multiplexer
- 1x MIDI-socket
- many many wires (4 IDE wires for connecting frontpanel with the stripboard)
- and for sure: the arduino uno
case component list:
- wooden bars in different sizes for poti-knobs and buttons
- 2x wooden boards for top and floor (50cm x 30cm x 0,8cm)
- wooden strip for side walls (5cm tall, 2cm thick)
- 2x vinyl style CD-R for jogwheels
costs about 150 Euro, but waste much money for checking things out, so it’s actually about 100 Euro.
About 8 arcade push buttons. Maybe will include them later.