Finished Controller

My controller is finished.

Update: created a little demo video.

Here some Pictures (sorry for the bad quality, just having a mobilephone camera, will borrow a good camera and take new pictures):

the bombatuino

the bombatuino

controller in case

controller case

controller inside

controller inside

arduino and input-board

arduino and input-board

the sheet on github

the libaries on github (for MIDI, 4051, MCP23017 and rotary encoders)

electronical component list:

  • 49x push-buttons
  • 16x turn potentiometer
  • 6x slide potentiometer
  • 2x rotary encoders for jogwheels
  • 1x rotary encoder with push-button for navigation
  • 5x MCP23017 port expander (1 unused yet) for input of push-buttons and encoder
  • 3x 74HC4051 multiplexer for potentiometer
  • 1x stripboard for soldering port expander and multiplexer
  • 1x MIDI-socket
  • many many wires (4 IDE wires for connecting frontpanel with the stripboard)
  • and for sure: the arduino uno

case component list:

  • wooden bars in different sizes for poti-knobs and buttons
  • 2x wooden boards for top and floor (50cm x 30cm x 0,8cm)
  • wooden strip for side walls (5cm tall, 2cm thick)
  • 2x vinyl style CD-R for jogwheels

costs about 150 Euro, but waste much money for checking things out, so it’s actually about 100 Euro.

What’s missing?

About 8 arcade push buttons. Maybe will include them later.

Posted in blog entries | 5 Comments

come to an end?

After I noticed that this

the wrong way

the wrong way

did not work, I am now ready with this:

hopefully the right way

hopefully the right way

I used 4 IDE-wires for connect the front panel with my input board.

Posted in blog entries | Leave a comment

start wiring and test input board

Just an update: I started with the wiring today and tested if the input board works well. Everything fine, but much work to do with the wiring.

IMG_20130413_173913

Posted in blog entries | Leave a comment

staining, laquering and glueing

I finished staining and laquering the wood and glued the potis and buttons into the case. Crashed some Potis durin that and have to reorder them :/, but in fact just neeed to wire everything up. Althrough, I have no idea how to attach the disc to the endless-potis, but I think I will figure out a way.

glued back case stained,  lacquered and glued front case

Posted in blog entries | Leave a comment

finished soldering

My friend Malte helped me soldering my input board. We finished today after 8 hours of work. Hope it will work correctly.

input board front input bord back

Posted in blog entries | Leave a comment

Wood!

The wooden work is done! :)

wooden case

Started soldering today, but much work to go.

Posted in blog entries | Leave a comment

poti knobs

Today I created wooden poti knobs. Need to stain them, but I think they really look nice for DIY knops.  All got a drilling to fit on a turn potentiometer. Here are some pictures:

the 17 potis arrangend on board

the 17 potis arrangend on board

detailed view, not stained yet

detailed view, not stained yet

Posted in blog entries | Leave a comment